Mr. Stone Hands (22 Barb/18 Sorc) Sept 27, 2007 15:46:04 GMT
Post by illandous on Sept 27, 2007 15:46:04 GMT
borges said:Even Barb/Sorc split works just fine. I've had a blast leveling my 20/20 pariah. A few thoughts:
1. I'd ditch the fighter level and just take the Heavy Armor feat outright. Spell penetration is very important vs. the critters you will be stoning/grabbying on your Hells adventures.
I agree here, just trying to keep the build on track. This seems like a good option, still makes the build feat tight.
2. Way too many skill points, IMO. The 40 points you pay for 1 craft armor AC would get you 4 AC by cross-classing tumble. I'd stick with Concentration (making sure to take Sorc at 40 and max it, since it's not a Barb class feat), Discipline, and cross-class Tumble. Leave spellcraft and taunt to the mages and bards, respectively.
Not a bad idea. I like having +3 AC. When your casting off a scroll are you flat footed?
3. 20 CHA is a waste. Stop at 19, which gets you lvl 9 spells. Redistribute those stat points and the ones you save on INT into WIS. Ideally, you could get by with only Epic Will, rather than Iron + Legendary.
Hmm.. Will save will drop from a +2 +7 to +4 That's quit a hit and will drop the save from 62 to 57 if my math is right. I don't think that will be acceptable for the hells for a caster? I could be wrong.
Building on Chaos Gnome. We just evening out the numbers. I could just take a point from Charisma, put it into Will and then take a point from Int, and put it into will. This would increase the will save by 1 from my calcs.
4. If you're actually leveling, rather than reincarnating, this build, consider using the Spell Penetration book and taking Necro foci as feats. You have enough rages to get through the very limited SR you will encounter pre-LLs, and it's very nice to mass entire maps and Wail them away.
I'm just building for the hells and LL. I don't think about lvling the toon to much as funny as that sounds
5. I just gave up on Reflex save, which maxes out at 45 on my build. You'll never see my pariah in the desert, but it enabled me to take another metamagic (Empowered) and LSF Necro.
The question comes down to how many reflex saves will I have to make in the hells and what are the concqences if you fail. If you have your buffs up. And your getting hit while your knocked down. Your still effective (although not as much) and in that case, a rez and a GS scroll would be your best friend.