i found, that windows is quite fragile when it comes to sharing cpu time with other programs. i have a work-in-progress parser running sometimes and i found that you need to be really careful what you do and how you do it. i used to use a somewhat aggressive (as i discovered after some testing) method of checking log file length to see if new information needed to be processed and it got really noticeable really fast when a lot of things where happening in nwn. the effects were strange stutters and the like and i fault windows' rather sucky multi taking ability. all the machines i play on are pretty fast pcs but still it happened. (although none of them are dual core)
my point here is, that i doubt something based on a platform independent language would run all that smoothly. a properly compiled program, say in visual-c, if one is so inclined, would be preferable - by far.
I uploaded the source and binarys for linux. If you find any bugs feel free to report them here or fix them (and please reporte them here too). Now I hope its quite bugfree at last. I made some minor changes, remove code that was not portable and replaced it with portable code.
As for running it on a webserver etc. It looks like you missunderstood the program. It was designed to run during playtime. You you actually see when you take/deal what kind of damage and can adapt you items/taktic just in time. You dont have to wait till the run is over and run and analizer over your logfiles. After the run you just close it. Sure you can reparse you logfiles and use it to check which mob has which stat etc. but I think there are better offline parser out there than this one.