Motes that provide more use, at least until pelor mote or something.
1. Bonus Feat: Aura of Courage 2. +4d6 sneak attack 3. Level 59 FoM 4. Immunty: Stun/Daze/Conf/Charm 5. Greater Restoration - 3 uses/day 6. Displacement at CL 50-60 7. Saves feats motes - Lightning Reflexes/ Iron Will/ Great Fortitude 8. Imp Disarm/Knockdown - isn't as good as taking the feats, but provides oppertunity to use them 9. Mote of Divine Power 1 use/rest 10. +30 to 1 skill
Some coolish ideas imo. Like i hinted, vestige mote is the go to atm (i know it's a vestige and all, but wearable with others) but i feel like we need some more interesting ones.
Last Edit: Mar 7, 2016 14:06:19 GMT by Matt: *nothing much, Just waiting for Bale.
1. No, very class specific for such a cheap slot, while at the same time not very different in practice from Mote of Fearlessness
2. Yes. Could even go 5d6 like most gear already provides
3. No, please enough with this FoM spam
5. No, too powerful and makes cleric sad if it mimics the spell, next to useless if it just works as a potion.
6. No. Easily replicable with many set items you can swap already, and useless with friendly casters around
9. No, too powerful.
The properties I agreed on are good useful stuff that can already be applied as added property on randomized gear, and I rate those equal or less powerful than what the already existing motes provide. +25% Elemental Immunity from Abo motes or +5% Exotic Immunity from Ely ones. I'm already happier when I see +5% divine added in green compared to +5d6 sneaks, that works for most of the other options.
Stun and Conf immunity are really powerful adds (I'd probably rate them worth a 40-50% added elemental immunity as a comparison), but we're talking about Paragon Sets afterall. XR Comparison
There really are a lot of XR Motes anyway, I think a single chest in PL areas with a selection of 5-6 alternate ones would be enough variety. Pick some?^^
All the immunities for #4 can be "lucky" added in green by randomization...at some point down the road lucky peoples will have XR motes with those added by randomization....and then stick a UR spellslot aug for more fun... If XR motes can't be randomized-think I heard this discussed- these will be pretty powerful...I'd say make them a really rare drop.
Rona boots cast displace at level 50 iirc and Abyss Ward shield 50 also iirc....having a CL level 55 item seems the next power step ? Maybe have it cancel if mote is removed ?
4 has the potential to be very strong (I'm assuming one mote per immunity). Could do daze,confuse charm - depends which immunes you want to keep rare. Stun and daze are fairly unusual compared to some of the others in the list.