----- This item grants the Defensive Awareness II and Epic Skill Focus (spot, listen, parry) feats while worn. ----- This item grants 1 additional step of movement speed while worn, and stacks with other forms of movement speed bonus. ----- You must be level 70 to use this item.
Hmm, would it really be useful to many tanks? It is ESF:Parry, Extra Movement, Evasion, wis+dex+cha over the normal VoV - except this one can't be randomized or augmented - and is helm slot that provides no immunity. I don't think many tanks actually use VoV once they get access to Salamander augmenters, unless they have uber randomized one.
I'm not sure how highly to value regular Evasion. How highly do you value it?
Baneknights would be balanced if they could splash paladin. -Caeha Everyone should stop using the same portrait so I can GR them better, damnit. -Caeha
Post by Twilight Semner on Mar 22, 2016 12:20:15 GMT
Regular evasion is huge. In a world where most decent tanks need a 1 to fail a save, Evasion means you're not taking any damage from anything evadable 95% of the time. Improved Evasion is a nice reduction to damage the other 5% of the time, but the bigger bonus comes from evasion. It's part of the reason why Half-Guardinal is so great.
Various toons, needing various tags -- mostly lolfail tanks, some cores.
That world in paragon areas exists only for Divine tanks and monks(that have evasion) if even them - and biggest issues come from getting directly bashed in, instakill mechanisms and debilitating effects - this (helm as well as evasion) helps with none of them. When you can be immune to elemental / exotic , or have enough damage reduction to block it out, evasions worth is greatly diminished.
But after some playtesting and logstudying, if it helps prevent some truly scary effects, perhaps this would be a niche for some toons. By truly scary I mean esoteric damage mainly, or something that does huge damage after great infliction.
Could change evasion to epic dodge, or add epic dodge on top. Alternatively could give an extra attack around while wearing it to spice it up. Maybe even give it a use ability which grants 100% ranged conceal for a time, or just make it give immune to ranged attacks.
Seems nice to get 3 +16's from 1 item. Also ESF Parry is kinda handy on a few types of tanks that cant max it out past 40 of the top of my head that is Assassins and DWD's :3 (ye i know underwhelming classes.)
* - realizing the set loot needs to be very decent to compete with some of our Randomized loot, after seeing a few of the limbo sets. I dont believe anyone has really decided to wear it over what they already have from bur gear.