Paradoom`s Axepert (Kolyarut and Howler) 10FTR/7WM/63DD Jan 29, 2018 9:49:27 GMT dopplegang likes this
Post by Paradoom on Jan 29, 2018 9:49:27 GMT
Why Dwarven Defender?
Because dwarves! Not reason enough? Go play with your stupid elf!
DDs are pretty tough fighters, with great damage reduction. They also gain a natural armor ac boost up to 20, granting you a free choice of amulet to wear. On top they gain some special abilities: Dwarven Defensive Stance and Draw Foes.
The first one will make you completely knockdown and crit immune. The cost is basically nearly no movement speed anymore. Best to use at chokepoints or as self-preservation if in the open.
The second is a freely usable skill that will create a small aura around your toon. It will automatically taunt any enemy inside it each round, granting you the chance that they have and keep you as their target of attack. With this you have not a reliable, but at least some crowd control.
The Build as Kolyarut
When you create your character, make it lawful + good/neutral/evil. Good has the advantage that you can use the myconid torches for true self healing and lawful is a requirement for DD.
|Stats||Creation Dwarf||Subrace Kolyarut||Level 60 in +14 Gear (BUR)||Level 80 in +16 Gear Double Demi|
|Constitution + Artifact||16||18||38||46|
|Level||Concetration||Craft Armor||Craft Weapon||Discipline||Listen||Parry||Tumble||Intimidate|
|Level 40||30||43||43||43||43||24||0||4 (take this at level 5)|
All stat points go into strenght BUT the last two (level 58 and 60) into dexterity.
Pandect: open, maybe acid resist. KD and Disarm would be a waste, because of the low ab.
Feats (in order from 1-80)
Feats you`ll get from the race and subrace are: Darkvision, Bullheaded, Dodge, Mobility and Spring Attack.
|1||Blooded||Weapon Proficiency (exotic)|
|2||-||Weapon Focus Dwarfen Waraxes (DWA)|
|8||-||Weapon Specialization DWA|
|15||Iron Will, Weapon of Choice DWA||-|
|24||Greater Weapon Focus DWA||-|
|27||Improved Critical DWA||-|
|29||-||Epic Weapon Focus DWA|
|33||Epic Reflexes||Epic Prowess|
|36||Overwhelming Critical DWA||-|
|37||-||Devastating Critical DWA|
|39||Armor Skin||Epic Weapon Specialization DWA|
|45||Legendary Weapon Focus DWA||-|
|51||Great Strength I||-|
|54||Legendary Weapon Specialization DWA||-|
|60||Great Dexterity I||-|
|63||Paragon Weapon Focus DWA||-|
|66||Paragon Weapon Specialization DWA||-|
|69||Inherent Water Breathing||-|
|72||Great Dexterity II||-|
AB, AC, Saves, Health
|Level 60 pre Demi||Level 60 2x Demi||Level 80|
|AC (unbuffed, buffed)||129-131||136-138||140-142|
|Attacks||60||60 2x demi||80|
|Bonus (haste + wrap)||100/95||102/97||111/106|
Thoughts n Info
The crit-range is 16-20 x 6 which leads to some decent crit damage. The height of it depends hugely though on your kind of dwd axes you have crafted and the buffs. In hells assuming the right weapon with buffs 500 to 700 damage is quite possible. In general the damage output of this build is solid. By far not on the level of a 2 hander paladin or barbarian, but good enough to survive and have fun. It´s defences measure up to that of a barbarian to some degree, but even with the upped AC boost to the DWD axes you lack the other defence boosts a shield grants. One plus point is that you can switch your weapons around freely, with the loss of one round of attacks.
Crafting your weapons is a must and an expensive undertaking. (each damage combination 2x) So be ready to burn a couple of billions. For starters you can just craft one best suited weapon, like in Raja´s weapon crafting guide, for your main hand and equip a level 50 one with fitting damage types in your offhand. E.g. Cold/Elec/Sonic/Divine/Magic/Positive main-hand and a Cold/Div or Cold/Magic in the off-hand = solid pit fiend killer.
There is hardly a straight answer to the gear you will wear, but I will provide a few key points.
- For leveling you can wear whatever. Tower shield + Heavy Plate works for example.
- When you hit higher levels and go for serious dual-wielding, you have to wear a light armor. The ones from Rona and Min are really good until you find a better randomized BUR one.
- Breach boots + Mord ring are a given.
- Amulett is quite free but the "Chain of Solidarity" is certainly one of your best choices. Esp. if u have to tank a Malebranch. Plus it grants greater sanctuary, in case your casters suck and die before dealing with the mobs, making you run around ressing them.
- Asmo Belt, as soon as you hit Demi, is a given, unless you are fine with the stat checks and can cover implosion immunity in another way. Then the gloves are certainly nice for the imms.
- Cloak, if you have it, "Wrap of the Dark Prince", but not a must have for this toon at all. E.g. for Limbo I am not using it in favor for more imms.
- Helm covers w/e. The vestige confusion imm Helmet is a good choice or the aboleths one.